Information - Bibliographic Department
Within the department the sector for information and official documents includes:
Basic Directions of Activity:
- Bibliographic and information services for users and organisations, including state organisations, for the use of electronic resources and a traditional bibliographic collection.
- Creation of a bibliographic electronic card file and other information-oriented databases based on more than a thousand periodicals.
- Electronic information resources for other libraries and organizations and the creation of summary catalogues for establishments of the city and republic.
- Individual and collective information for artistic and cultural establishments in the republic.
- Legal assistance and education for the population of republic.
- Creation of bibliographic indexes for the scientific study of local folklore.
- Research work in the field of bibliographic scientific information.
- Scientific study of information-bibliographic related work of the libraries of the republic.
- Assistance in bringing information concerning culture and literacy to readers of the library and other patrons.
The bibliographic collection of the department includes: encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, bibliographic indexes, bibliographic periodicals and abstract magazines concerning all branches of knowledge, a database, etc.
Bibliographic Catalogues, etc:
- Regular card file.
- Electronic card file (since 1994).
- Database of Russian books (since 1998).
- Electronic catalogue (since 1994).
- Electronic catalogue of abstract magazines.
- Legal database.
- Database of Inform-Culture.
- Other databases.
- A reading room with access to electronic databases, including information resources of the internet is available to patrons.
- Assistance with information search results from printed and electronic sources is available.
- Additional information services (according to the price-list).