Department of Periodicals
- Magazines & Journals Division;
- Newspapers Division;
- Hall of Republican Press.
All services of the department regarding periodicals up until 1994 are in the Information-Bibliographic Department.
Available in the Department of Periodicals are:
- Electronic card file of items added since 1994;
- Electronic Summary Catalogue of magazines and newspapers from the libraries of Kazan;
- Catalogue of Abstract Magazines available in the library. (In the Information-Bibliographic Department);
- Electronic Catalogue of Foreign Language Magazines available in the library. (In the Department of Literature in Foreign Languages);
- Electronic Catalogue of Pre-Revolutionary Magazines available in the library;
- Electronic Catalogue of Pre-Revolutionary Newspapers available in the library;
- Electronic database for journals from the RKP (Russian Book Warehouse);
- Registration card file of titles of magazines;
- Registration card file of titles of newspapers;
- Electronic alphabetic card file of titles of magazines and newspapers from the date of the edition through the current date.
The department carries out services for patrons in the reading rooms and through the inter-library subscription.
The department receives more than a thousand titles of magazines and newspapers, including more than 100 republican editions submitted by the Hall of Republican Press, and also from the periodical press of the people of the Volga region. In the collection of the department there are also pre-revolutionary magazines and newspapers.
- Xerox copies;
- Overnight subscription;
- Viewing of magazines (Burda, Cosmopolitan, etc.);
- Listings from the printer;
- Patterns from fashion magazines.