Department of Acquisition
Catalogues and Card Files:
- Card file of periodicals (traditional and electronic);
- Card file of publishing houses and issuing organizations;
- Card file of current acquisitions and books on order.
- Free-of-charge in-house copies (since 1996);
- Summary catalogue of periodicals available from the largest libraries of the city of Kazan;
- Electronic inventory of books (since 1994).
Sources of Acquisition:
- Paid copies (Central Committee National Library of Moscow);
- Free-of-charge in-house copies;
- Book-selling firms, bookshops, publishing houses, high schools and various organizations of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Republics of the Volga and Priuralye regions, and the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Subscriptions and periodicals through Rospechat;
- Book- exchange library members of Russia, the CIS and abroad;
- Private interests and people;
- Gifts from readers and authors of books.
The NLRT received 2570 documents in the form of gifts in 2002.
In the first quarter of 2003 the library received 4936 documents.
Services and Contacts:
- The department cooperates with publishing houses and issuing organizations of the RТ have access to relative data;
- The department gives out information concerning periodicals of Russia and the RТ;
- The department includes the sector of acquisitions of the libraries of the republic.