Department of Scientific Study of Documents and Catalogue Organisation
The structure of the department is defined by its activities and its objective to provide the most efficient organization of its work.
The structure of the department includes:
- Group in charge of cataloguing documents concerning the humanitarian and engineering sciences;
- Group in charge of organizing alphabetical catalogues, consisting of bibliographic and general alphabetical reader's catalogues, which includes the organization and management of the electronic catalogue, and inputing documents into the computer;
- An expert concerning the ordering, cataloguing and organization of catalogues in the Tatar language and the languages of the people of the CIS.
The Basic Directions of its Activity:
- The ordering and automated cataloguing of documents;
- Organization and rendering of services regarding the reader's catalogues of the library;
- Providing services to patrons and employees of the library regarding the system of catalogues in the library;
- The methodical maintenance of the cataloguing of literature and the organization of catalogues, including providing paid services to publishing houses and other organizations regarding printed editions assigned to the classification indexes, "BBK" and, "UDC."
Assistance resources of the department include:
- General Alphabetic Catalogue (in Russian and Tatar, languages of the people of the CIS, and foreign languages);
- Summary Alphabetic Index to the Regular Catalogue;
- Regular Card File;
- Electronic Catalogue of New Acquisitions (since 1994);
- Electronic Catalogue of Retrospective Collections of the Library (since January 2000);
- Reader's Regular Catalogue (UDC, BBK), in order of greater number: Russian and Tatar languages, languages of the people of the CIS, and foreign languages;
- The Summary Alphabetic Index to the Regular Reader's Catalogue;
- Reader's Alphabetic Catalogue (in Russian and Tatar languages, languages of the people of the CIS, and foreign languages);
- Card File of Fiction Titles (Russian and Tatar divisions);
- Reader's Alphabetic Catalogue of Periodicals;
- Regular Catalogue of Period Literature;
- Regular and Alphabetic Catalogues of the Collection of the Department of Tatar and Regional Literature.